- 1 small yellow onion (quartered)
- 2 celery (ribs, cut into a few large pieces)
- 1 carrots (large, cut into a few large pieces)
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 141/2 ozs kidney beans (rinsed and drained)
- 11/4 cups marinara sauce
- 2 tsps italian seasoning
- 2 zucchini (small, sliced)
- 2 cups green beans (cut into ½ inch pieces)
- 10 ozs ditalini pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach (fresh)
- 5 fresh basil leaves (torn)
- parmigiano reggiano cheese (freshly grated)
Recipe Courtesy Yummly.com
- In a food processor, pulse the celery, onion, and carrot until finely chopped.
- In a large stock pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the processed vegetables and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, kidney beans, marinara, and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini, green beans, and pasta. Cook at a low simmer until the pasta is al dente – about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the baby spinach and basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve topped with freshly grated parmigiano