Love those delicious Starbucks Breakfast Wraps? Here is a recipe that you can do at home. Take a 20 minutes or so on the weekend to make a bunch of them and your morning breakfast routine can consist of 2 minutes in the microwave. That’s faster than a drive thru (and healthier)
8 medium-size tortillas (or 6 large)
10 ounces baby spinach leaves
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
16 ounces egg whites (approx. 10 egg whites)
6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
salt & pepper to taste
- Warm the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add the spinach and garlic. Cook until the spinach starts to wilt, roughly 5 minutes. Next add the diced tomatoes and stir together, cooking for another 2 minutes. Transfer the spinach/tomato mixture to a large plate lined with a paper towels (to absorb excess moisture) and set aside.
- Place the skillet back on the burner and then pour the egg whites in. Use a spatula to stir them around as they cook, for about 5-7 minutes, until they are scrambled. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the eggs cool, cut 8 pieces of parchment paper into 10-inch squares. One by one, place a tortilla on top of each square and fill it with the egg whites, spinach mixture, feta and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Fold the ends of each tortilla together then wrap it with parchment paper, continuing with each one until all 8 are wrapped.
- Place the wrapped tortillas into a large plastic freezer bag and then try to press the excess air out. Alternatively, you can seal it shut by leaving just enough space in the seal to slide a straw in and then use your mouth to suck the excess air out as you slowly slide the straw out and close the seal. Write the date on the bag and then place in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to eat a wrap, simply remove one from the bag and microwave on high in the parchment paper (or wrapped in paper towels) for 2 minutes. Allow to cool and then enjoy!