- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- ½ purple onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or harissa spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place whole peppers, tomatoes, garlic and onion on baking sheet and cover lightly with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes. Remove and let cool before slicing.
- While vegetables are baking, bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin OR harissa spice, 1 teaspoon salt, and a dash of black pepper together in a bowl.
- Once roasted vegetables have cooled, dice up into fine pieces. and add to a large bowl. Add quino and black beans and combine together. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro and avocado; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.