Grilled Turkey Zucchini Boats Recipe – Looking for grilling recipes? Turkey stuffed zucchini makes the perfect healthy dinner! One of the best zucchini recipes I’ve ever made.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 13.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch of chili powder (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheese (your choice)
- In a large skillet, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and petite tomatoes, stirring frequently until soft and dry.
- Crumble ground turkey, adding it to the pan. Continue to crumble while cooking. Mixture will be dry, but if it starts to stick, add a little more extra virgin olive oil.
- While cooking, split zucchini in half lengthwise. Spoon out center with a spoon or melon baller, you can reserve for salads, dressing or a smoothie or discard.
- Spoon turkey mixture into zucchini boats.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat and oil grates. Carefully set zucchini onto grates use a fish spatula (or other long spatula. Grill for 4-5 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese and close lid with heat off for 1-2 minutes to allow cheese to melt.
- Remove and serve!