- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- full recipe for homemade Italian dressing (about 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons, divided)1
- about 1 pound tomatoes, chopped (about 1 and 1/2 cups chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- 2 whole garlic cloves, minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized into noodles2
- Marinate the chicken in advance: Place chicken breasts into a large ziplock bag or shallow tupperware. Pour 1 cup of dressing on top and make sure it covers every inch of chicken. Seal up and refrigerate for 2 – 24 hours. I always for at least 8 hours for the best flavor.
- Make the bruschetta topping in advance: Combine the chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, minced garlic, and 2 Tablespoons remaining Italian dressing. Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Cover tightly and refrigerate for 2 – 24 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the marinated chicken and cook for 15 minutes, turning once. You want the chicken nice and browned on the outside while fully cooked inside. Remove the chicken from the skillet; do not clean out skillet.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet, followed by the zucchini noodles and 3/4 cup of the bruschetta topping. Cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. The noodles will cook down, absorbing all the flavor. Remove from heat and place chicken on top of the noodles– or, if using a serving dish, place noodles on first and top with chicken.
- Evenly top each chicken breast with remaining bruschetta mixture. Serve immediately. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
Recipe Courtesy Yummly.com