- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 1/3 cup shredded Gruyère cheese (any other cheese works also)
- 3 ounces sliced deli chicken breast (any other deli meat works also)
- 1/4 cup baby spinach (about a pinch of spinach leaves)
- 1/2 medium gala apple
- salsa for topping (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. While the skillet is heating, grate the Gruyère until you get about 1/3 cup. Bonus points for you if you already have your cheese shredded.
- Place the tortilla in the pan. Spread the cheese onto one half of the tortilla. On the other half, layer the deli meat and and then the spinach.
- While the quesadilla is cooking, slice the apple into thin slices. Place the sliced apples on top of the spinach.
- When the Gruyère has melted and the tortilla starts to bubble (about 1-2 minutes), fold the cheesy half on top of the other half.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy!